I emailed Melissa on Sunday and told her that I finally feel like I'm in wedding mode. If you remember, I was feeling stressed about not being stressed - not a humble brag, just legitimately confused. Well, I'm not stressed, but I am now in it to win it. Walking around the venue on Saturday, Raven was cracking up because every few minutes I would just stop and stare into space. I'm thinking about details folks.
When I was a planner, my tasks were singular. Food. Table layout. Rentals. I'm not saying it was easy, but it was streamlined. Now that I'm planning an entire wedding, I'm thinking about everything. I actually had a back and forth argument in my head about butter, people. Officially, I think I've gone bonkers.
So, here's what I'm going to talk to Melissa about at our next meeting:
- welcome bags - I don't want to include water in these, what's a creative way to get folks hydrated?
- butter (I wasn't kidding) and s&p shakers for the table - does it matter if they're cute?
- cocktail hour decor - do we need flowers and pictures, etc for this?
- the cake - what should it look like?
- photo booth - this is a must and I totally hadn't thought about it until now!
- escort cards and seating chart - NOOOO idea!
Just rereading this list I am chuckling to myself and SO thankful that we have Melissa. And let me just say, I am fully aware that it is not the wedding but the marriage that matters. It is so crystal clear to me throughout this process - Raven is patient with me, surprises me (it was his idea to have a different tie than the groomsmen - I may be rubbing off on him yet), and gives me space to have fun with the planning because he knows how much I love it.
So once again, if you have any advice, tips, suggestions about the above list, holler at your girl!
images via my Pinterest page!