Maybe it's just being 30, but my skin feels particularly under the weather this winter. I love winter so much, every bit of it, but my skin does an about face halfway through the year - from oily to dry and dull. Every year I'm left scratching my head as to the best products to use, and I feel like this year I have finally figured out a good formula. Here's my daily run down of products (quick disclaimer: I use only cruelty free products, which are more and more easy to find. I highly recommend making the switch!):
1. Gentle Cleanser - I have loved Mario Badescu products for years, and if I need a good scrub, I use this. Otherwise, lately I have been stealing Raven's fash wash, which gets my skin super clean without completely stripping it of its oils. Once a week, I use my Clarisonicto slough off dead skin. It's a miracle product.
2. Anti-Aging Serum - My skin has completely changed since I bought Tata Harper's serum this fall. My skin feels springy and more smooth. It's pricy but it truly works.
3. Eye Cream - I recently just purchased Tata Harper's eye cream and have completely fallen in love. My eyes are so puffy in the morning, and this magical cream sucks out the puff almost instantly.
4. Moisturizer - I love a tinted moisturizer for a more even complexion (and SPF!) but find that it's not enough in the winter for my scaly skin. I've been mixing tinted and regular moisturizer everyday with exciting results.
5. Foundation - You all know my love for tarte products. This is the best foundation I have ever used. Creamy as the day is long! Tip: I tried their BB cream foundation and found that it didn't quite absorb into my skin all the way / wasn't anything special. Stick with tarte's regular foundation, and make sure to invest in a good foundation brush!
I follow these steps with bronzer and the rest of my makeup...which is another post!
1. Cleansing Cloths - No, I don't wash my face at night. I know, I'm gross, etc, etc, I just don't. I did, however, finally invest in an amazing cleansing cloth that removes my makeup, (thanks for the rec, Cup of Jo!) smells amazing and is cruelty free! After I exhaust one of the wipes, I quickly rinse my face and follow steps 2, 3, and 4 from above. Night night!
Thoughts? Any products I should try? I'm looking to invest in a silky night cream - recs appreciated!
Affiliate links are used in this post, though I truly use each and every one of the aforementioned products. Your support is greatly appreciated.